About two weeks ago, I wrote about my six-hour meeting with the BSU Future of Education Task Force. One of the primary outputs of this meeting was a list of ten challenge statements. There's no secret recipe involved, so here they are, in no particular order:
- How might Ball State University foster learning in college?
- How might BSU help students embrace serendipity and uncertainty?
- How might BSU assist/encourage faculty to modernize their teaching?
- How might BSU provide more opportunities for experiential or immersive learning?
- How might Ball State University make the educational experience more relevant and interesting for students?
- How might BSU increase classroom engagement and interaction?
- How might BSU give students more choice so they can personalize their education?
- How might Ball State University get faculty to accept the opportunity costs of change?
- How might BSU align awards and incentives to change teaching and assessment?
- How might BSU increase awareness of resources to help faculty improve their teaching?
So, dear reader, how might we?