Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Summer Course Revisions (in Spring?): CS315 Introduction to Game Programming

I'm pretty sure I've never done a "Summer course revision" this early in the year, but I recently had a radical idea: what if I did my job while I'm getting paid instead of when I'm not? Sorry, I don't mean to be too cynical. In fact, I am grateful. I have an opportunity right now to do some of the work that I'd normally have to push off until summer. 

The danger of doing any kind of course planning this early is that teaching assignments can still be shuffled around. Right now, I am scheduled to teach one of my favorite courses: CS315 Introduction to Game Programming. Reviewing my notes from last year's class... it turns out, it was pretty good. The changes I want to make are minor, and I think I can mostly take last year's plans and repeat them. One of the big differences is the release of Godot 4.0, which means I will either have to recreate some videos or link to them with caveats.

The course plan is already up, and I have the first four weeks of projects revealed. The following weeks should be similar to the previous year's class, but I don't like to have all of that open at once. This policy gives me a chance to plan ahead while also having the opportunity to get to know my students and see where their interests lie.

As a result, there's really not much of a post here. This post is mostly here so that if I later check to see when I worked on planning Fall's CS315 class, I'll find this.

No comments:

Post a Comment